*The salary ranges for this position are US $49,640 - $58,753; Canada $49,558 - $58,303
The Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) has a full-time opening for a Leadership Developer with Resonate Global Mission in the Middle East. The purpose of this is to pray with, encourage, equip and connect leaders in church and society in the Middle East for Gospel-shaped social and spiritual renewal, and link these leaders for mutual learning and collaboration with other ministry hubs in the West and the East where ministry with Arabic-speaking people is increasing.
A detailed position description is available below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a cover letter.
Job Title: Leadership Developer, Middle East
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Pray with, encourage, equip and connect leaders in church and society in the Middle East for Gospel-shaped social and spiritual renewal, and link these leaders for mutual learning and collaboration with other ministry hubs in the West and the East where ministry with Arabic-speaking people is increasing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
1. Nurture relationships of trust and mutual learning with and between key leaders in church and society that transcend the divisions.
2. Model 360 degree mentoring relationships personally and stimulate the growth of mentoring relationships.
3. Equip leaders as requested through the use of contextualized leadership development tools and processes that relate faith to life.
4. Cultivate affinity networks of leaders in church and society for mutual learning and collaboration and link them to organizations and networks internationally.
5. Observe and participate in inter-religious dialogue and share stories and case studies with the CRCNA in collaboration with Project Salaam 2.0 and with our RCA partners in Oman, at the al-Amana Center.
6. Connect individual, churches and organizations in the CRCNA with Middle Eastern leaders and organizations for mutual learning and collaboration.
7. Develop reciprocal learning and service opportunities for short-term volunteers from the CRCNA, particularly for young adults. Incorporate theological reflection on the implications for the relation of faith to life and witness in NA as part of the learning experience.
8. Network with other projects of the CRCNA and RCA in the Middle East, as permitted.
9. Contribute actively to the Transformational Network community of practice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some domestic and international travel is required. Assignment requires considerable flexibility in time scheduling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
The successful candidate for this position will pass through two intermediate steps before taking up the tasks outlined in this position description; the rate range for each step is included.
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together. The pay range for this step is $19.82 US or $23.23 Canada on the CRCNA Domestic scale.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills, ministry skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 6 to 18 months, depending on prior background and experience. The pay range for this step is $35,546 US or $38,004 Canada on the CRCNA International scale.
1. Mature and growing Christian faith marked by personal integrity and Christian discipline; professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation or a congregation of a denomination in ecclesiastical fellowship with the Christian Reformed Church and willing to sign the Covenant of Officebearers.
2. Commitment and capability to increase facility in the Arabic language and with Middle Eastern culture.
3. Able to assess the ministry capacities of CRCNA and of Middle Eastern potential partner entities and to identify areas of inter-connection, exchange, and future collaboration.
4. Capacity to represent the CRC accurately is required. Ordination in the CRC is preferred.
5. Creativity, ability to innovate, and flexibility to adapt to a constantly changing context.
6. Familiarity with CRC theological/social positions and ecclesiastical/agency structures is necessary.
7. Introductory knowledge of Arabic and Middle Eastern culture and ecclesiastical situation are desirable.
8. Ability to work as part of a team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. M.Div. and ordination in the CRCNA (or similar academic and ecclesiastical credentials) are preferred.
2. At least two years of pastoral experience in the CRC, or equivalent in pastoral/ministry leadership.