Resonate Global Mission is seeking to fill a full-time position for a Theological Educator in Asia. The purpose of this position is to engage people in the Spirit’s call to embrace God’s mission by casting a vision for God’s mission, equipping missional leaders, and partnering with CRCNA congregations and other churches and ministries worldwide with a primary focus in Asia.
To apply, complete an online application attaching a current resume and cover.
If you have additional questions regarding the position or location, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at 616-224-0770 or 1-888-272-2850.
Job title: Theological Educator
Department: International Program in World Missions
Status: Full-time, exempt
To engage people in the Spirit’s call to embrace God’s mission in Asia by casting a vision for God’s mission, equipping missional leaders, and partnering with CRCNA congregations and other churches and ministries worldwide with a primary focus in Asia.
The salary range for this position is $49,940 - $58,753 US and $49,558 - 58,303 Canada
****The successful candidate for this position will be required to satisfy 2 intermediate steps. Information and wages regarding these steps are listed below.****
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together. The current pay for this step is $19.52 US or $23.23 CND on the CRCNA Domestic scale.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills, ministry skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 6 to 18 months, depending on prior background and experience. The current pay for this step is $35,546 US or $38,004 Canada on the CRCNA International scale.
1. Serve as faculty at an associated Theological Seminary —Teach courses, mentor students, participate in school functions, and assist in faculty development.
2. Facilitate/ promote institutional development of the seminary, primarily in relation to the curriculum and academic credibility.
3. Develop the Worship Arts program and/or the Christian Education program as well as the Master of Divinity program at the seminary.
4. Collaborate with local church leaders to assist or provide pastoral training (e.g. Timothy Leadership Training), as able.
5. Communicate the nature and value of Resonate's ministries to the CRCNA and beyond, and participate in support-raising for those ministries; develop and maintain a network of supporting churches and individuals .
6. Raise financial support goal of at least 90% of the individual cost of the position.
7. Educate and encourage the CRCNA (especially supporting churches) and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, local ministries and support-raising in the CRCNA, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions.
1. Find and maintain a legal presence/visa for living in specified country.
2. Participate in annual budgeting and planning and produce financial and ministry reports.
3. Participate in the annual field retreat.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Regular travel throughout the assigned region
2. Challenging road conditions; high pollution within the city
3. Limited internet connectivity
4. Sporadic power outages
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Commitment to Christ and the mission of his church.
2. Membership in a Christian Reformed congregation or a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRC is required.
3. Agreement with the Statement of Faith documents listed in the Covenant for Office Bearers for the CRC is required.
4. Commitment to the constitution, bylaws and policies of CRWM.
5. A deserved reputation for integrity, trust and spiritual maturity.
6. Willingness to participate with CRWM staff in pursuit of its strategy and to accept CRWM policy and supervision.
7. Clear theological comprehension and articulation and conviction of the Reformed faith and its applicability to the ministry context.
8. Ability to speak the local language, after the initial language training period, is required.
9. Passion for training ministry leaders.
10. Ability to work well on teams and with people from a variety of perspectives (including theological).
11. Ability to communicate well in international and North American settings.
12. Strong sense of call, relational ability, ministry gifts appropriate to the local ministry.
13. Humility and servant/learning attitude in relation to host culture.
Education and Experience
1. Master of Theology (Th.M) is required, and doctoral degree is preferred.
2. At least three years of cross-cultural experience is required
3. Experience with development in theological education preferred. At least two years in leadership (or mentored under qualified institution) within a theological educational institution is preferred.