****The successful candidate for this position will be required to satisfy 2 intermediate steps. Information and wages regarding these steps are listed below.****
In keeping with our Equal Opportunity policy, we encouraged applicants from any ethnic (racial) community and applicants with disabilities.
Job Title: Media Director, West Africa
Department: International Ministries
Status: Full-time, Exempt
As a member of the Resonate Global Mission's team reaching out to a designated West African people group, the Media Director is responsible to train Christians in this people group in developing and expanding our evangelistic and discipleship media ministries. This would be done in ways that take advantage of new opportunities and capitalize on our historic involvement in this vitally important medium.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Study language and culture in preparation for ministry and continue studies to inform the on-going ministry.
2) Develop relationships with Christian leaders within the people group and identify those gifted and interested in media production.
3) Consult with nationals and with national church leaders, Resonate colleagues, and other missionaries in the Partnership regarding recording projects that will best serve the spread of the Gospel, the emerging church, and Kingdom transformation in West Africa.
4) Participate in an on-going collaborative process to envision new roles and directions for the ministry in light of ever-changing technologies.
5) Identify or foster the development of a national church media organization with which missions could partner to produce media
6) In relationship with those mentioned above, assist and train believers:
a) to plan new recording projects
b) to carry out new projects, including writing, translation, recording and production
c) to preserve and reproduce existing recordings
d) to facilitate the distribution and broadcast of materials.
7) Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission.
8) Encourage CRC churches to develop a deeper passion and involvement in international missions.
9) Communicate the nature and value of Resonate's ministries to the CRCNA and beyond and participate in support-raising for those ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals which will provide prayer, care and financial support for the ministry with a financial support goal of at least 90% of the actual costs of the position.
10) Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America, about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise.
11) Facilitate reciprocal exchanges between the CRCNA and overseas churches.
Responsible for supervision and mentoring of staff and volunteers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This position requires living in a West African country with varying degrees of access to internet, electricity and water. Must be comfortable with walking several miles on a daily basis and able to tolerate with extreme heat and humidity.
The successful candidate for this position will pass through two intermediate steps before taking up the tasks outlined in this position description; the rate range for each step is included.
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together. The current pay for this step is $19.82 US or $23.23 CND on the CRCNA Domestic scale.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills, ministry skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 6 to 18 months, depending on prior background and experience. The current pay for this step is $35,546 US or $38,004 Canada on the CRCNA International scale.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1) Strong aptitude for language learning
2) Preferably already bilingual in English and French
3) Media production experience
4) Computer and technical skills/aptitude
5) Proven capacity to write scripts/programs and/or evaluate and edit them
6) Demonstrated skills in management and interpersonal communication
7) Demonstrated skills in training and mentoring
1) Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
2) At least two years’ media production experience