World Renew is looking for an intern to supportthe World Renew Communications Team by completing research, organizing, and writing marketing and communications projects as assigned by supervisor in collaboration with team members.
To apply, please complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by September 22, 2017.
Schedule/Hours: 10-12 hours per week (September - December)
Location of Work: CRCNA Building (1700 28th St. S.E., Grand Rapids, MI 49508)
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Research and develop focused stories of World Renew programs.
2. Contact donors, volunteers and other constituents as needed to complete stories.
3. Assess accuracy and function of online links and addresses for World Renew’s website.
4. Assist with appropriate writing projects.
5. Gain knowledge of and experience in the functions of communications and marketing and public relations in a non-profit organization, including attending sub- and team meetings, and meeting weekly with communications staff for supervision.
1. Committed to Jesus Christ and able to recognize this position as one that contributes to the work of God’s kingdom.
2. Good telephone etiquette, courteous presentation.
3. Professional, cooperative demeanor; flexible and adaptable team player.
4. Disciplined, self-motivated work style; able to function competently and productively with limited supervision.
5. Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
6. Good writing skills with knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills helpful.
7. Ability to type a minimum of 60 wmp with accuracy.
8. Advanced computer skills in Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel).
Attending post-secondary institution with a major in communications, marketing, writing, English, or journalism.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some functions of this job could change in order to accommodate the growing needs of the agency.