World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reormed Church in North America (CRCNA), is seeking a full-time grants manager who is passionate about promoting just, resilient communities and enjoys the art of matching programming with grantor interests. Successful candidates will have proven experience writing successful proposals, building collaborative relationships and managing grant programs. This position is based in Grand Rapids, MI.
A complete description can be found below. To apply complete an online application, submitting a current resume and cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position by April 27, 2018.
Measurement of success of this position will be based on the number of proposals submitted (and percentage funded) and the number of new funding-related relationships developed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
1. Represent World Renew and manage World Renew’s relationships with US government agencies and other institutional donors.
2. Engage in networking opportunities with the intent to secure funding and to promote a visible presence for World Renew in Washington DC, and other locations as assigned.
a. Build relationships with other INGOs to promote World Renew’s involvement in consortia for program funding.
b. Increase World Renew’s visibility among U.S. based INGOs through membership and involvement with applicable alliances/organizations.
3. Research, identify, and match funding resources to meet specific programming needs.
4. Work with program staff to develop effective program design and craft, construct, and submit an effective application and corresponding budget.
5. Advise, train, and provide resources to World Renew’s international program staff and local partners on proposal writing, grant management, and building relationships with USAID Missions and local institutional donors.
6. Work in collaboration with World Renew’s Constituency Relations Team and International and Domestic Disaster Response Teams.
7. Travel to field offices and program locations, as duties required.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Able to respect and support the mission, vision, and values of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA).
2. Proven experience developing and maintaining relationships which have led to new or increased funding.
3. Demonstrated competence in developing funding requests to US government or institutional donors from proposal development through grant program planning, implementation and close-out, including developing and managing proposal budgets and monitoring of financial reports.
4. Demonstrated competence in effective in-person and written communication.
5. Strong interpersonal skills; flexible and adaptable team player.
6. Motivated and able to network with a wide variety of stakeholder groups with diverse value systems and cultures.
7. Excellent organizational and project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects at once.
8. Demonstrated competency in various computer applications, fundraising databases, Google products, and familiarity with Grants.gov, Devex, Workspace, cybergrants, and other online grant submission forms and tools.
9. Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others.
10. Demonstrated commitment to promote gender equality in all aspects of World Renew’s programming, plans, policies and organizational structure.
11. Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, possibly with short notice.
12. Knowledge of federal regulations governing grant management, and audits.
13. Knowledge of international community development and disaster response concepts and ability to communicate them creatively.
14. Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
2. At least three years of technical experience securing and managing US government grants required.
3. Professional certificate(s) and/or license(s) relevant to this position preferred.
4. Two years experience in international community development and/or disaster response preferred.
5. Experience traveling to and working cross-culturally with vulnerable communities internationally preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Travel of approximately 25% of working hours within the US including meetings during non business hours and occasional overnight stays is expected.
2. Minimum of one international trip per year to World Renew international programs
3. Extended time spent in front of computer screen
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.