Safe Church Ministry of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) is looking for an intern to gain knowledge and insight into the dynamics and impacts of abuse and have opportunity to connect with others involved in strategic change efforts around these issues. The Intern is expected to work 8-10 hours per week (2 half days preferred, days to be determined) June - August with start and end dates to be determined.
To apply, please complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by May 14, 2018.
Safe Church Ministry Vision:
Safe Church Ministry equips congregations in abuse awareness, prevention, and response. We train and support volunteer safe church team members so that they can be valuable resources in their local contexts. The goal is that all CRC congregations will be safe places where faith can flourish free from any abuse. And where abuse has occurred the response is always compassion and justice that foster healing.
What’s in it for Safe Church Ministry?
Student interns will report directly to Bonnie Nicholas, director of Safe Church Ministry, and will work under her supervision on tasks that will benefit the ministry. Some important ministry tasks seem to get pushed off the back burner. It will be a great benefit to Safe Church Ministry to have a student with fresh energy and additional gifts and skills to work on these tasks.
What’s in it for the student intern?
The student intern will gain knowledge and insight into the dynamics and impacts of abuse and have opportunity to connect with others involved in strategic change efforts around these issues. In addition this internship provides opportunity to increase communication skills and to learn more about the CRCNA at a denominational level.
• Provide assistance in writing, editing, and enhancing resources offered by Safe Church Ministry.
• Communication with safe church team members, classis representatives, and others regarding safe church ministry activities.
• Other duties that will help promote the mission of Safe Church Ministry.
• A love for the church of Jesus Christ and specifically the CRC
• Willingness to learn about the dynamics and impacts of abuse as well as pertinent information about the Circle of Grace program
• Classroom experience in social work, education, psychology, public health, communication, or related field
• An ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding sensitive issues
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to use Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and willingness to learn to use various other technologies as needed. Website development and/or video processing is an asset.