World Renew Global Volunteer Program is seeking an intern to take a creative role in the research of promotion and continued development of its internships and other volunteer programs. The intern would become a member of the Global Volunteer Program (GVP) Team and assist in the updating of current matierals, promotion and marketing communications. 150 hours Deadline to apply is Wednesday May 16, 2018.
Service Learning: 80%
1. Research Project:
a. Investigate comparable volunteer programs to gather information on marketing and promotionof their volunteer programs?
b. Research vision and mission statements of comparable volunteer programs
c. Research Church to Church Partnership programs to identify relational pathways
2. Review and provide connection points between workshop materials.
Learning Components: 20%
1. Learn how selected themes are relevant to the volunteer program;
2. Meet with GVP Coordinator weekly to review work plan;
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Committed to Jesus and able to recognize this position as one that contributes to the work of His Kingdom;
2. Disciplined, self-motivated work style; able to function competently and productively with limited supervision;
3. Good writing skills with knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills helpful.
4. Attention to detail and creativity in completing tasks;
5. Ability to meet deadlines, handles multiple projects under pressure, and work effectively on in a team environment;
6. International Development, Business, Marketing or Social Work majors would be ideal;
7. Able to understand and emphasize World Renew values in the work being done.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.