Resonate Global Mission is looking to hire The Leader of Missional Leadership. This position will work closely with Regional Leaders to nourish the integral missional vision, capacity and collaboration of Christians related to Resonate, in the denomination and beyond. The successful candidate will serve as a catalyst for learning and sharing, builds capacity, and contributes to the design of contextually appropriate educational processes for integral missional engagement.
A detailed description is below. To apply complete an online application including a current resume and cover letter by June 29, 2018.
1. Lead and manage assigned missional leadership team.
2. Initiate and develop strategic Resonate initiatives collaboratively within the broader CRC in a learning and influencing role.
3. Connect Resonate collaboratively to initiatives outside of the broader CRC for the sake of new and relevant learning, to stay relevant and updated on the latest trends, and to network globally.
4. Cultivate the best practices of each region, which are in the leader’s area of work, and create a system for sharing them with regional teams and their key partners.
5. Create learning community environments that are diverse and that cultivate and catalyze missional activity in the regions as relates to area of focus.
6. Develop ways of learning to cultivate a more missional culture within the wider CRC.
7. Initiate learning events in the leader’s area of work within the CRC.
8. Create, manage, coordinate, and steward resources and standards for all the regions.
9. Develop new learning opportunities for regional mission teams, classes, clusters, and local congregations in the leader’s area of work.
10. Provide leadership and guidance for the regional leaders in developing catalyzers and cultivators of local missional work.
11. Produce solidly biblical and contextually relevant written material in support of the general objective of the position.
12. Lead in integrating leadership development with church planting and strengthening holistic mission network practices and diversity practices.
Missional leadership team and administrative staff.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Wholly committed to the mission of God through His church, with a heart for the lost and a passion to reach people with the Gospel and be part of the Kingdom movement of God
3. Spirit led person of prayer and discernment who can lead others in this discernment process
4. Awareness of and willingness to continue learning about the missional context in North America and around the world
5. Demonstrates ability in vision casting, leadership, team building, coaching, collaboration, and networking
6. Creative, adaptive and flexible, able to be a non-anxious presence amidst diversity and ambiguity
7. Personally motivated and a self-starter who can accomplish goals and produce results with little direct oversight/management
8. Works across systems and partnerships with ease, building trusting relationships with a variety of partners to build synergy, significant consensus and communal identity
9. Embraces diversity and demonstrates a commitment to racial reconciliation and to enfolding and empowering members of racial and ethnic communities within and outside the CRCNA. Displays a mature awareness and engagement of cross-cultural sensitivities
10. Experience and willingness to engage individual donors and churches to encourage them to support the work of the leader of missional leadership and missional leadership projects.
11. Able to use technology effectively and consistently in order to contribute to the health of a distributed staff network
12. Effective oral and written communication skills
13. Strong interpersonal and relational skills with a servant heart
14. Able and willing to travel as needed to meet duties
15. Trained or willing to be trained as a coach.
1. Master’s degree required, with some graduate level coursework in missions, theology or related area preferred.
2. A minimum of seven years ministry leadership experience with demonstrated fruitfulness.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position requires working out of a home office.