World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full-time opening for a Program Operations Coordinator for Disaster Response Services (DRS) in Byron Center, Michigan. This position will maintain the vehicles, tools and housing supplies inventory for the needs of DRS volunteers. The successful candidate will oversee warehouse operations of DRS; develop policies and procedures for maintenance of vehicles and tools and assure proper safety training and materials for general volunteers and construction supervisors.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by August 3, 2018.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
1. Coordinate volunteer members of the Equipment Team so that maintenance, storage, and replacement of DRS vehicles, tools and housing supplies are ensured.
2. Ensure proper database capabilities are in place for keeping track of inventory and maintenance schedules and assure necessary input of records.
3. Purchase replacement vehicles and tools as needed and monitor tools purchased by volunteers.
4. Assure that tool trailers are properly equipped working with volunteers to inventory and update tools as needed.
5. Oversee the warehouse use and storage of inventory.
6. Manage the logistical process of getting necessary vehicles, equipment and housing supplies to and from DRS sites, in coordination with DRS staff and volunteers.
7. Serve in place of volunteer Project Manager for site operations when needed.
8. Ensure site safety protocols are in place and construction supervisors remain current on policies and practices.
9. Determine the best materials, videos and requirements for volunteer orientation to ensure adequate safety on reconstruction sites.
10. Represent World Renew and DRS on boards and committees (e.g. NVOAD) as requested.
11. Other duties as assigned to achieve DRS and Disaster Response Team goals and objectives.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment and respectful relationships that value diversity and equality
3. Committed to working towards gender equality in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
4. Experience in working with vehicles and tools and the inventory and maintenance of same.
5. Professional, cooperative, and patient demeanor
6. Disciplined, self-motivated work style; able to function competently and productively with limited supervision
7. Good organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task
8. Basic writing skills with knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and general business English skills
9. Excellent telephone etiquette and follow-up with volunteers via phone, e-mail or in-person
10. Demonstrated ability to perform simple mathematical problems
11. Competent with computers, word processing and database management/utilization
12. Able to travel and coordinate work at reconstruction sites as needed.
1. An associate degree or certificate in relevant technical area is required.
2. Proven experience working with logistics or operations coordination.
3. Interaction and oversight of volunteers experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.