World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church, is looking for a part-time, 20 hr/week, experienced Finance Assistant to support the success of its Chief Financial Officer and other home office functions. The position will work in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by August 22, 2018.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with budget preparation
2. Prepare, including drafting and editing, correspondence and reports, and presentations (monthly financial reports, prepare emails, update PowerPoint presentation)
3. Prepare, process, review and approve billings, check requests, expense reports, and credit card accounts
4. Schedule appointments and handle the logistics for meetings and travel
5. Record and distribute minutes from assigned meetings
6. Respond to general requests for information and materials and ensure proper handling of all general correspondence
7. Organize and maintain all correspondence, files and records
8. Routine copying, printing and gathering of information, as needed
9. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Able to support the mission, vision, and values of the CRCNA
2. Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work with little supervision
3. Patience and humility in dealing with many different personalities, age groups, values and cultures
4. Attention to detail and creativity along with a demonstrated flexibility in responding to and completing tasks
5. Computer skills and ability to quickly learn new computer applications
6. Demonstrated ability in working with spreadsheets
7. Knowledge of Google products including Email, Calendar, Drive
8. Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a team environment
9. Good writing and proofreading skills with thorough knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and general business English skills
10. Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
11. Committed to working towards gender equality in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred
2. At least two years of work experience in an office setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The majority of this work is performed offsite and occasionally required to work in the office.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some functions of this job could change in order to accommodate the growing needs of the agency.