Resonate Global Mission a ministry of the Christian Reformed Church in North America has a full-time position opening for a Development Officer in Grand Rapids. This position will develop relationships and implement a strategy with existing and potential donors that will increase financial support and resources, engage current constituents and cultivate potential donors in support of the ministry.
To apply complete an on-line application, submitting a current cover letter and resume indicating your interest by Friday, September 14, 2018.
1. Develop stewardship-focused relationships with a portfolio of individuals, churches, and foundations to engage support for the ministry.
2. Develop and implement a donor strategy for assigned area, working with others as appropriate.
3. Strengthen and expand the financial support, including major gifts, from assigned individuals, churches and foundations.
4. Cultivate long-term relationships with donors so planned giving commitments to the agency increase annually.
5. Represent the agency at churches, classis meetings, and other events, as needed.
6. Significant travel within assigned regions for in-person visits, relationship building, donor appreciation and fundraising events.
7. Maintain accurate records in appropriate database(s) (e.g. constituent interactions) which support the development of donor relationships.
8. Assist with planning strategy, goals and fundraising targets.
9. Track expenses and maintain regular expense reports.
10. Assist with prospect research and/or proposal writing, as assigned.
11. Work with colleagues to develop support networks in their assigned area.
12. Invite constituents to join in praying regularly for the ministry.
13. Participate in regular team or department meetings.
14. Stay current with best practices of professional fundraising.
15. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Support staff as assigned
1. Be a professing member of a Christian church and agreement with the Statement of Faith documents listed in the Covenant for Office Bearers for the CRC.
2. Demonstrated ability to encourage and inspire individuals to support ministry.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Proven ability to be self-motivated, work independently with minimal direction and collaboratively within a team environment.
5. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and external contacts.
6. Proven ability to plan and organize tasks and responsibilities including multitasking, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
7. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Demonstrated proficiency in commonly used computer applications, internet research and constituent relationship management tools
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. At least three years development experience with proven effectiveness in fundraising
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regular travel throughout the assigned region