The Christian Reformed Church is looking for a full-time, 32-40 hrs/week, Retirement Plan Specialist. This position will assist in the administration of the denominational U.S. Employees’ Savings Plan (ESP) and the Ministers’ Pension Plan (MPP) in the U.S. and Canada, and provides overall support for all areas of the Pension and Retirement office. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by September 21, 2018.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following
Employees’ Savings Plan:
1. Interprets and insures accurate administration of the ESP document protocols.
2. Develops responses and formulates effective communications to employees regarding the ESP.
3. Participates in meetings with the plan custodian to correct and update participant data and provides recommendations on plan design.
4. Implements employee education sessions including coordination of people, meeting rooms and equipment.
5. Organizes and maintains records on employee changes insuring accurate ESP database information.
Ministers’ Pension Plan:
6. Prepares and clearly communicates responses to inquiries and complex pension questions, utilizing independent judgement and supervisor input as necessary, according to established policies and procedures.
7. Accurately calculates pension benefit estimates and prepares communications to plan participants.
8. Administers the long term disability plan including tracking participants, processing claims and investigating policy questions with the insurance representatives as necessary.
9. Maintains database for active ministers including additions, status changes and terminations, and organizes information for effective administrative processes.
10. Prepares and manages active minister and church account information for timely and accurate invoicing.
11. Investigates and communicates pension plan issues to the Pension Trustees and plan actuaries.
12. Participates and assists in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
1. Able to support the mission, vision, and values of the CRCNA.
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Demonstrated mathematical aptitude
4. Proven ability to plan and organize tasks and responsibilities including multitasking, setting priorities and deadlines, while paying special attention to details.
5. Proven ability to be self-motivated, work independently with minimal direction and collaboratively within a team environment.
6. Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in commonly used computer applications
1. Bachelor’s degree in finance or business-related field preferred
2. Prior experience working with retirement plans preferred, or experience with invoicing work combined with background and knowledge of non-profit ministry and/or church structures.
3. SalesForce experience a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.