Back to God Ministries International, the media ministry of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, has a full-time position opening for a Senior Producer - Pastoral Care in the Grand Rapids offices. The position will plan, organize and lead ReFrame Media’s prayer and pastoral care follow-up ministry. This role will envision and enact a strategy, develop content and processes, and lead ReFrame staff for follow-up pastoral care ministry across its mass audiences.
To apply complete an on-line application, submitting a current cover letter and resume indicating your interest by Friday, October 26th, 2018.
Essential Duties include the following:
1. Envision, lead, and expand a scalable prayer ministry
a. Manage and develop the weekly prayer request and prayer-letter process, organize and segment ReFrame user prayer requests, develop and publish prayer-equipping content, and distribute this content to our volunteer prayer partners, who faithfully intercede on behalf of our users.
b. Recruit, train, and cultivate a small team of chaplains and pastors to actively respond personally to ReFrame users’ personal prayer and pastoral care requests
c. Cultivate relationships with our large team of prayer volunteers, recruiting, leading, and resourcing a team of thousands of committed prayer warriors who pray for and respond to thousands of prayer requests from ReFrame Media users.
d. Cultivate systems for receiving, documenting, processing, segmenting, and distributing hundreds of prayer requests weekly so that the prayer volunteers can faithfully intercede for our users.
e. Develop tools that can be used by volunteers and team members to faithfully respond to prayer requests and systems they can use for escalating urgent prayer or pastoral care needs to appropriate staff.
f. Develop relationships with strategic partners in prayer ministry within and outside the denomination (e.g., Advancement, Faith Formation, Prayer Summit staff, etc.), and occasional travel to represent the ministry at conferences and denominational prayer events (e.g., Inspire, CRCNA Prayer Summit, etc.).
2. Lead content production for the prayer and pastoral care ministry
a. Write, edit, and publish regular and timely prayer focused faith formation content (e.g., blog posts, prayer letters, e-mails, etc.).
b. Recruit, oversee, and manage freelance writers, pastors, and chaplains as needed.
c. Develop the content strategy and publish content for the reframemedia.com/prayer ministry page.
d. Develop and publish prayer related content for other ReFrame Media programs.
e. Cultivate the ReFrame Prayer Team marketing plan development and execution with ReFrame marketing staff.
3. Lead and cultivate scalable pastoral care strategies and processes across ReFrame programs for serving a mass audience
a. Develop, implement, and maintain media strategies and set goals to cultivate long-term discipling relationships with the hundreds of thousands of ReFrame users
b. Continuously assess program-specific pastoral care needs for each of the ReFrame program audiences
c. For each of the ReFrame programs, develop and maintain general spiritual growth goals, strategies, tactics, and resources for appropriate listener responses and pastoral care.
d. Develop and maintain program-specific pastoral care and follow-up resources and guidelines, allowing for the escalation of urgent concerns
e. Participate in budget and operational planning of the overall program in conjunction with other staff and partners.
4. Any additional tasks as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Demonstrated professional skills in ministry, pastoral care, and spiritual formation.
3. Demonstrated skills in developing spiritually formative materials.
4. Demonstrated gifts for encouragement, intercession, and administration.
5. Demonstrated skills in volunteer management.
6. Demonstrated excellent messaging, rhetoric, and oral and written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated technical writing, grammar, editing, copyediting skills
8. Demonstrated computer skills, including office productivity suites, video conferencing, and online team collaboration tools.
9. The ability to contribute productively alone or within a team context.
10. The ability to manage resources and budgets effectively.
11. A professional and enthusiastic attitude to assigned work.
12. Support of the vision and mission of Back to God Ministries International.
13. Evidence of a Reformed Christian theological perspective.
1. A Master’s degree in a ministry, psychology, counseling, or related field required. M.Div. with ordination preferred.
2. At least six years of experience in ministry, counseling, or communications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.