The Christian Reformed Church in North America has a full-time position opening for a Controller in the Grand Rapids offices. The position will manage the financial resources and the Finance Services staff for the U.S. based operations of the denomination. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in financial software, corporate finance, developing and tracking budgets, managing process, treasury and banking experience, and experience managing staff. This position is to begin March 2019.
To apply complete an on-line application, submitting a current cover letter and resume indicating your interest by Wednesday, December 19, 2018.
Essential Duties include the following:
1. Manage the Finance Services department in the United States, providing direct oversight of the Finance Managers and Payroll Manager.
2. Manage treasury functions and banking relationships.
3. Manage insurance programs, renewals, claims, inter-agency billing, loss control, etc.
4. Provide the CRC with financial advice, both in the United States and international locations.
5. Oversee the preparation and interpretation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for the various agencies and departments.
6. Coordinate CRC agency and institution budget submission.
7. Coordinate external and internal audit.
8. Manage and report on CRC resource utilization to efficiently accomplish program objectives.
9. Assist church treasurers, pastors and administrators with financial management and reporting issues.
10. Procure utilities and services at a reasonable cost.
11. Maintain an effective financial internal control environment.
Finance Managers and Payroll/Accounts Payable Manager
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Financial accounting and systems management skills for multiple reporting entities.
2. Practical general business management knowledge.
3. Ability to effectively manage internal control in a multi-faceted service environment.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
5. Proficiency in computerized accounting software.
6. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
7. Commitment to the mission of the church and the agencies.
• Bachelors degree in accounting or finance, with an advance degree preferred.
• CPA certification preferred.
• Substantial general accounting experience required, with evidence of increasing levels of responsibility including supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.