Raise Up Global Ministries (Raise Up), an affiliate of the Christian Reformed Church in North America is seeking a full-time Director. Raise Up provides training, devotional and education programs for pastors, lay leaders, teachers and many roles in the Christian church globally. The director will provide vision, organization development and executive leadership including engagement with ministry partners and key donors, oversight of financial and administrative operations and leading change in educational content and programming. This position is expected to begin around April or May, 2019.
To apply complete an on-line application, submitting a current cover letter and resume indicating your interest by Monday, December 31, 2018.
1. Serve as the agency’s chief executive officer within the boundaries of the legal documents and policies of Raise Up and the policies set by the Board of Directors.
2. Discern and articulate the vision, ministry, philosophy and strategy together with the Board and senior staff leadership. Translate the strategy into plans, program and budgets.
3. Collaborate with the Board and internal leaders to set overall strategic direction, plans, policies and outcomes for Raise Up on current and longer-term basis.
4. Develop strategic partnerships to advance God’s mission through collaboration with its worldwide affiliate partners and the agencies, ministries, and educational institutions of the CRCNA.
5. Develop operational plans with leadership staff and other relevant partners to execute and implement the overall strategic plans.
6. Raise funds among individuals, churches and institutions, especially in the USA and Canada, and lead the communications in the public arena, especially with major donors and other key affiliates and stakeholders.
7. Keep the Board informed on the material developments, significant steps taken and relevant outcomes in the fulfillment of the above plans.
8. Build and sustain a leadership, management and staff team to meet the strategic and operational plans of the organization.
9. Maintain financial viability and integrity; and recommend annual plans and budgets to the Board of Directors of Raise Up and the CRCNA COD as well as alterations to either during the year.
10. Maintain appropriate relationships with other entities, particularly: governments, regulatory agencies, associations of missions, and churches in countries within which Raise Up serves.
11. Maintain a firsthand acquaintance with the ministries in Canada and the USA and international operations, and the church/educational/organizational context of those operations.
12. Promote the development of new training materials and curriculum throughout Raise Up’s worldwide affiliate partners and within the CRCNA agencies, institutions and offices.
13. Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate all Raise Up employees and volunteers.
14. Cooperate with CRCNA agencies, institutions and offices overall and especially within the Denominational Ministries Plan.
15. Advocate for the biblical vision for a diverse denomination through support for intercultural church and ministry development, for diversity in the Raise Up staff, and for reconciliation and anti-racism plans and actions.
Timothy Leadership Training, Educational Care, Coffee Break program staff
1. Demonstrated skills in casting vision and thinking strategically.
2. Proven fundraising and development skills to enable the organizational growth.
3. Strong communication skills both oral and written, and ability to communicate vision to key stakeholders, donors and partners.
4. Be a decisive, adaptive leader.
5. Competence in financial management
6. Ability to understand and manage electronic delivery of educational content and methods.
7. Demonstrate a strong ability to work with various cultures and age groups.
8. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
9. Demonstrated commitment to racial reconciliation and anti-racism ministry, and to the
growth of the CRC as a multicultural denomination.
10. Able to travel extensively throughout North America and the world.
11. Preferably familiar with the curriculum of Timothy Leadership Training, Global Coffee Break and Educational Care.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
2. Demonstrated experience in leading and managing, with evidence of increasing levels of responsibility.
3. Significant experience as a Christian missional leader.
4. At least four years of inter-cultural experience with knowledge of a least one other culture.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
TLTI, Educational Care, and Coffee Break, and many partner organizations have operations outside the United States of America. Raise Up expects that the Director will travel internationally and may be in areas that may be physically challenging or be considered to be unfriendly to citizens of North American countries.