The Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a temporary full-time (40 hrs/wk opening) for a Custodian in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This temporary, expected to last 3 months, position will perform minor repairs and assist in the maintenance of all aspects of the building interior and exterior.
To apply, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by January 17, 2019.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1. Perform maintenance services and general repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, and electrical.
2. Perform general painting and plastering work.
3. Install, maintain or replace electrical outlets and fixtures.
4. Assist in maintaining HVAC equipment.
5. Check and repair pumps, fans, valves and motors.
6. Move office furniture as requested.
7. Snow removal from sidewalk and entrance areas.
8. Provide set-up and tear down of meeting rooms.
9. Perform other maintenance related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Ability to support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA.
2. Demonstrated ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations following supervisor’s instructions.
3. Ability to follow instructions, both oral and written.
4. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
5. Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, construction and heating and cooling systems.
Experience in building maintenance, preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift, bend, stoop, climb and reach.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.