Are you passionate about marketing and using your communications skills to help spread the Gospel? If so, Back to God Ministries International, the media ministry of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full time (40 hrs/wk) opening for a Digital Marketing Specialist. This position will be based in the Grand Rapids, Michigan office and will plan, test, execute and optimize all digital marketing and fundraising initiatives. This position will play a critical role in elevating the brand and inviting more constituents into increasing levels of partnership with Back to God Ministries International.
To apply, complete an online application attaching a current resume and cover letter by May 3, 2019.
1. Shape the digital experience through the entire donor journey, telling a brand story and driving effectiveness at every step.
2. Contribute to annual digital brand marketing plans including cross channel digital content strategy; provide information for digital campaign budgets.
3. Plan and execute integrated digital campaigns that drive engagement and new donor conversion in Canada and the USA.
4. Create advanced data-driven constituent segments that can be utilized for targeted new donor acquisition.
5. Work collaboratively with the full Advancement team (donor and church relations and communications), ministry marketing teams, and ministry content producers for campaign content development.
6. Work with marketing agencies and contractors for content integration and marketing project development and evaluation.
7. Oversee digital campaigns, evaluating effectiveness in real time to adapt tactics to optimize results across social media, email, e-commerce, website, etc.
8. Maintain website landing pages, ensuring content and links are current and accurate in relation to current campaigns.
9. Evaluate emerging trends in website and social media design, email marketing, online giving, and social media; make testing recommendations.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
None. Give direction to creative and technical marketing agencies and contractors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
1. Able to respect and support the mission, vision, and values of the CRCNA.
2. Committed to Jesus Christ and able to recognize this position as one that contributes to the work of God’s kingdom.
3. Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others.
4. Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to accomplish work goals through collaboration.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of digital design and experience in cross-channel marketing strategy.
6. Well-developed writing skills with thorough knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling for general business English.
7. Disciplined, self-motivated, and proactive work style.
8. Proven organizational and project management skills with attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
9. Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
10. Demonstrated advanced skills in Google Suite and email marketing programs required; knowledge of content management systems (CMS) and Adobe Creative Cloud programs is an asset.
1. Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field to Marketing or Communications.
2. Demonstrated work experience in digital marketing or communications.
3. Experience in optimizing landing pages and A/B experiments preferred.
4. Experience in web design, SEO, Google Ads, or Facebook Ads is an asset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Limited local and cross border travel with occasional international travel is required.