Resonate Global Mission of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full-time opening for a Program Coordinator in Haiti. The Program Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining effective programs in Haiti.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume.
Essential Duties include the following:
1. Sous Espwa and Resonate-Haiti program administration
a. Empower other Resonate Global Mission staff and volunteers to provide leadership and ministry within Sous Espwa through regular meetings and coordination
b. Ensure completion of planning and reporting requirements for Resonate and Sous Espwa
c. Ensure good stewardship of and reporting on Resonate financial resources according to CRCNA and Resonate requirements
d. In partnership with Resonate field staff, oversee and implement all Resonate programs in Haiti
e. Connect with other organizations with similar programing and goals
f. Assure the Resonate Global Mission-Haiti team is making appropriate connections with volunteers, support staff and North American churches so that ministry resources are available
2. Work with Haitian partner organizations according to their needs and capacities
a. Connect and consult with Sous Espwa partners who are engaged in church growth, development projects, and church leader training
b. Partner with Perspectives Réformées to design and implement the annual worship conference
c. Teach in seminaries and leadership development programs according to need and strategic interest (e.g., the Reformed Theological Seminary of Haiti) if interested and qualified
3. Cultivating relationships within the North American support base
a. Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care and financial support) for Resonate ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals
b. Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner
c. Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions
d. Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise
e. Communicate the nature and value of Resonate’s ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements
f. Help recruit, organize, and host teams that come to learn about Haiti and support the CRCNA partnering ministries found there
g. Develop church-to-church and church-to-community partnerships between North Americans and Haitians
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Deep spiritual maturity marked by personal integrity and Christian disciplines.
3. Emotionally mature, friendly and willing to work at developing cross-cultural relationships.
4. Culturally sensitive; willing to try new cultural experiences for the sake of personal growth and an effective witness.
5. Self-sacrificing; willing to look out for other’s interests and to engage in their lives, practicing Christ’s love.
6. Willing to be a continual learner and self-reflective.
7. A self-starter; able to initiate projects and relationships with people as needed.
8. Able to work as part of a team and with people from a variety of perspectives, whether missionary or national; willing to seek out the assistance of others when needed.
9. Able to become fluent in Haitian Kreyol and have at least working ability to read and understand French.
10. Able to communicate well in both international and North American settings.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Management or other related field.
2. Experience in leading an administrative team in a cross-cultural setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.