Preferably located in the Asia region, this position is responsible for the overall shaping of the vision and work of World Renew’s work in Asia in alignment with World Renew’s global strategic plan. Building on a foundation of partners, congregations and Christian leaders working in and engaging with communities in acts of Biblical justice and compassion, the Team Leader will provide leadership in a region seeking to improve food security, build sustainable livelihoods and increase the use of household resources to improve maternal and child health. The Team Leader will be responsible for building stronger communities and partners through collaborative regional and country teams under a unified vision of community transformation in Asia, with a particular focus on programing in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India and Laos.
*NOTE: In addition to the salary that is posted, this position also receives a generous benefit package. Some of the provided benefits can include: housing and utilities, a vehicle, health insurance, travel insurance and life insurance.
● Monitoring and evaluating team performance, including reviewing, giving feedback, and approving the regional team’s plans and quarterly progress reports
● Ensuring financial accountability of all ministry team resources
● Developing a multi-year operational plan, with input from various stakeholders, that clearly articulates how strategic priorities will be funded, operationalized and achieved within a given time period
● Build staff capacity for identifying and building the capacity of partners in the region, participate in providing organizational development support when asked and when organizing an annual Partner Forum
● Enabling, facilitating and monitoring team processes for gathering feedback from other stakeholders, including other teams within the organization
● Ensuring effective grant writing, implementation and policy compliance by team members and, as appropriate, work with Program Excellence team to encourage responsiveness and quality in compliance with grant and agency requirements
Leads and manages the ministry team in its work within organizational and team boundaries by:
● Ensuring the alignment of the team’s vision and long-range plan with World Renew and the CRCNA’s vision, mission, strategies, policies and values
● Leading collaboration with other teams, stakeholders, and, where applicable, other CRCNA agencies, to strengthen programming and leverage new opportunities
● Facilitating appropriate information sharing and decision making within the team and between teams
● Providing leadership to the overall regional strategic planning and budgeting process
● Planning and leading ministry team meetings
● Enabling disaster response interventions, as necessary, by setting and implementing a healthy collaborative relationship with disaster response team to effectively integrate disaster response work and community development
Facilitates the ministry team’s growth by:
● Encouraging effective team work and inclusiveness while building a team spirit and culture characterized by a shared vision, commitment and mutual accountability
● Ensuring that staff development plans are in place, using the Onboarding to Mastery Program, outlining clear plans and priorities, appraising staff performance and taking remedial action as needed
● Supervising, guiding, supporting and mentoring direct reports in ways that removes barriers and fosters good performance and professional development
● Facilitating cross-team learning and training which enables team initiative and awareness of new opportunities in the region
● Encouraging spiritual foundations to the work and arranging appropriate spiritual retreats
● Implementing recommendations from staff engagement surveys
● Orienting of international tier field staff in their respective roles, using the Onboarding process in coordination with the Staff Developer
● Representing the ministry team in meetings with other World Renew or denominational staff, and other organizations
● Providing feedback from meetings, as appropriate, to the ministry team
● In collaboration with CORE team staff, a contribution will be made to the constituency development priority of World Renew which includes both education and fundraising. This contribution may include but is not limited to travel (within Canada and USA), video conferencing, and producing multimedia content.
● Performing other duties as assigned
Country consultants, program consultants, program advisors, and other regional and country tier staff as applicable
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Demonstrated experience working with local churches, community organizations and mobilizing them in community development efforts, as well as experience in holistic community transformation
3. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
4. Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion and equity.
5. A visionary and strategic thinker, with the ability to help staff translate strategies into action
6. Working knowledge of and a commitment to the core agency development and disaster response concepts, models, and values and integration of same
7. Experience in team management and development is essential, and demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
8. Effective facilitation, negotiation, active listening, decision-making/problem-solving skills are required
9. Working understanding of and practicing the principles of servant leadership with demonstrated staff mentoring and coaching skills
10. Experience integrating cross cutting themes is preferred e.g. gender, creation care, disaster-risk reduction
11. Ability to manage in complex, demanding environments using a systematic approach
12. Prior international grant management experience, along with planning, monitoring and evaluation abilities, with particular familiarity with the Results Based Management framework
13. Demonstrated ability to implement, improve, and integrate community development programs through consultation and to work and collaborate with partner organizations
14. Demonstrated competence in administration, human resources, financial management and budget development
15. Effective written and verbal communication skills required (including the ability to encourage communication within the team)
1. Master’s degree in a related field preferred
2. Minimum of eight years of cross-cultural work experience in community development or organizational development, sectoral expertise in food security and/ or agriculture is a definite asset
3. Minimum three years of work experience in direct staff supervision and program management
· Fluent in English with effective written and verbal communications skills is required
· Fluency in other languages is advantageous
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Travel at least 30% of the time to carry out assigned duties
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Living conditions with unreliable access to water and electricity and increased exposure to illness
· Travel in insecure and/or impoverished areas which will have no infrastructure or support structures