World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America has a full-time position opening for Donor Relations Manager - Michigan and East Coast. The position is responsible to develop relationships and implement a strategy with existing and potential donors in Michigan and on the East Coast of the USA that will increase financial support and resources, engage current constituents and cultivate potential donors. This position will be held accountable to a fundraising plan.
To apply complete an on-line application, submitting a current cover letter and resume indicating your interest by November 22, 2019.
Essential duties include the following.
1. Develop and implement the donor development strategy and devise and execute contact plans for major and mid-range donors as follows:
a. Set fundraising goals and targets in collaboration with the team and in relation to the team strategy
b. Provide personalized communications including but not limited to donor visits, telephone calls, and written notes to appropriately thank donors
c. Research and provide donors with reports, newsletters, articles about World Renew or specific programs and areas of ministry, or other relevant information to report on the impact of their giving, increase their understanding and support for the ministry of World Renew, and/or respond to their request(s) for specific information
d. Perform similar contacts that affirm donors and share the ministry of World Renew with existing and potential donors
2. Promote planned giving in collaboration with team members and the Barnabas Foundation representatives
3. Determine donor interest, develop and present funding requests and proposals, write and/or present reports as part of the stewardship of designated gifts
4. Travel within the region for in-person visits, relationship building, donor appreciation and fundraising events
5. Enter donor contacts and create profiles from the on-line donation management system
6. Run and analyze giving reports to contribute to the development of the donor pipeline in the areas of donor acquisition, retention, cultivation and solicitation
7. Perform other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement
2. Demonstrated commitment to provide a work environment that values diversity and equality as well as have respectful relationships with others
3. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
4. Ability to articulate a biblical world and life view and explain how World Renew carries this out by exemplifying enthusiasm for the ministry and encouraging the same in others
5. Knowledge of the Christian Reformed Church (CRC)
6. Self-directed with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and ability to set priorities in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment
7. Strong interpersonal communication skills: can express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing; able to listen with sensitivity
8. Thorough knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills
9. Demonstrated ability to creatively present and market a concept
10. Familiarity with donor database software and wealth screening tools
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor relationships and giving history
12. Flexible and adaptable team player; proven skills in collaborating with others
13. Current eligibility to work in the U.S. is required
1. Bachelor’s degree is required; in communications, marketing, sales or another related field is preferred
2. Minimum of three years of successful work experience in fund-raising and/or donor relations is required
3. Demonstrated ability in the area of major donor development is a definite asset
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may require up to seven days of travel per month within a specified region as well as to attend occasional meetings in other parts of the United States and Canada to carry out position responsibilities. Occasional international travel may occur to destinations with rough terrain, unreliable access to water and electricity, and increased exposure to illness.
This position will be based in the Grand Rapids office. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.