Are you passionate about using your communications skills to help spread the Gospel? If so, Back to God Ministries International (BTGMI), the media ministry of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full time (40 hrs/wk) opening for a Social Media Specialist. This position will be based in the Grand Rapids, Michigan office. The person serving in this position will plan and post content, interact with online audiences, and generally assist in social media initiatives.
To apply, complete an online application attaching a current resume and cover letter by December 11, 2019.
Essential Duties include the following.
1. Select, write, edit, post content to specific social media presences (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) of ReFrame Media programs as designated.
2. Schedule and post planned content to specific social media presences.
3. Monitor, engage, develop, police and respond to ministry conversations and community interaction
4. Assist in analyzing primary audience needs and expectations and developing creative concepts for inviting interaction and engagement.
5. Create or select adjunct content in various forms as needed, such as images, illustrations, videos, written copy, etc.
6. Monitor analytics, trends, and statistics with an eye towards reacting to or predicting opportunities or challenges
7. Work with other marketing staff to develop and implement multi-channel messaging campaigns
8. Execute marketing procedures, plans, and schedules for promoting ReFrame brands, titles, and programs
9. Write content for various uses online (such as newsletters, Wikipedia, etc.)
10. Any additional tasks as assigned by supervisor
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Able to support the mission, vision, and values of the CRCNA.
2. Demonstrated writing, editing, and computer productivity skills
3. Demonstrated communication, messaging, and promotional techniques
4. Demonstrated understanding of the online landscape, social tools, and networking trends
5. Demonstrated ability to take initiative to explore new possibilities
6. Ability to contribute productively alone or within a team context
7. A professional and enthusiastic attitude to assigned work
8. A broad world view, with interest in cross-cultural and international matters. First-hand exposure to international cultures helpful.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or a related field is preferred.
2. Two years experience in marketing, preferably with an online emphasis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.