Resonate Global Mission of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full-time opening for a Leadeship Training Specialist in Kiev, Ukraine. The Leadership Training Specialist will facilitate the training of pastors and other church leaders and implement an independent self-sustaining system for distribution of materials and training throughout the Russian-speaking world. Utilize the experience of the CRCNA in leadership training, creating a link between North America and Eastern Europe in order to achieve the region’s ministry priorities for church leader training.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by January 24, 2020.
1. Church Leadership Support & Development:
a. Encourage the implementation of Timothy Leadership Training (TLT) throughout the Russian-speaking area.
b. Support, mentor and encourage church leaders in using TLT resources in the Russian-speaking area.
c. Participate in the training of pastors and other church leaders to integrate a Biblical worldview into their leadership using TLT resources.
d. Mentor new Timothy Leadership Training Master Trainer(s).
e. Build up leaders annually in order to produce 10th Generation Master Trainers.
f. Seek opportunities for the development of Education Care and Global Coffee Break ministries.
g. Collect, create, and transmit reports.
2. Mobilize resources of the CRCNA in support of the ministry
a. Identify and develop strategic ministry opportunities for short-term missionaries that utilize the skills and strengths of the CRCNA.
b. Work with country team leaders in the orientation, mentoring and supervision of volunteers while they are in Eastern Europe.
c. Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care and financial support) for Resonate ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals.
d. Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner.
e. Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions.
f. Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise.
g. Communicate the nature and value of Resonate’s ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements.
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Passion for the mission of the Church.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with others from different cultures and religious traditions.
4. Demonstrated intercultural experience and competence.
5. Self-motivated and proven quality administrative and organizational skills.
6. Fluency in English. Capacity to learn Russian.
The successful candidate for this position will pass through two intermediate steps before taking up the tasks outlined in this position description; the rate range for each step is included.
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together. The pay range for this step is on the CRCNA Domestic scale.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills, ministry skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 6 to 18 months, depending on prior background and experience. The pay range for this step is US or Canada on the CRCNA International scale.
Education and/or Experience
1. Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree or equivalent is required..
2. At least 3 years of experience in pastoral ministry or mission.
3. Training and experience in cross-cultural ministry, preferably in a European context or in global missions.
Timothy Leadership Training Master Trainer certification required before deployment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
▪ Working with occasional electricity outages, cold winter climate, limited Internet in rural areas.
▪ Rough travel conditions in many parts of the country, but the situation is gradually improving.