Resonate Global Mission, a ministry of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) has a full-time (40 hrs/wk) opening for a Program Coordinator for Volunteer Ministries in Grand Rapids, MI. This position will manage short-term mission volunteers and groups for deeper engagement in cross-cultural learning and ministry and see communities of disciples everywhere participating in God’s mission by faithfully proclaiming and living out the good news of Jesus.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by February 19, 2020.
1. Coordinate short-term mission volunteers and groups for both domestic and international service.
2. Research and develop current and new service placement sites in alignment with Resonate ministry priorities.
3. Interview, evaluate, and place volunteer missionaries and teams according to the best location, position and timeframe for service.
4. In collaboration with the Finance office and field staff, ensure proper accounting for all revenue and expenses associated for volunteers in service.
5. Organize and provide pre-field training, debriefing, and follow up for individual volunteers and groups in collaboration with Resonate and other CRCNA agencies.
6. In collaboration with the program manager for Volunteer Ministries and the communications team, contribute to the development of a marketing plan, and relevant promotional materials.
7. In partnership with fundraising team, help foster and identify opportunities for continued engagement with volunteers post-service.
8. Create customized pre-field training packages for groups and individuals.
9. Develop collaborative working relationships with ministry partners.
10. Evaluate, develop and monitor Standards of Excellence in short-term missions and Resonate policies standards for the volunteer program. Lead one to two short-term mission trips per year.
11. Serve as an ambassador for Resonate and invite its constituents to support and pray for its global ministry.
12. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Good knowledge of the Christian Reformed Church, its agencies, and ministry partners.
3. Strong team leadership skills with experience in managing budgets, planning and leading short-term mission trips.
4. Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and give high attention to details and deadlines.
5. Professional, flexible and an adaptable team player.
6. Disciplined, self-motivated work style, able to function competently and productively with limited supervision.
7. Excellent active listening, oral and written communication skills.
8. Mature interpersonal relationship skills and proven ability to relate cross-culturally.
9. Advanced skills in Google Suite preferred.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in leading mission teams preferred.
3. Cross-cultural experience preferred.
4. International travel experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties listed in this description are representative of the type of work and work environment
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Ability to travel internationally 1-2 times a year leading teams or for site selection.
● Ability to travel domestically.
● Ability to work outside of the normal work hours to accommodate church schedules and time zone changes.