Congregational Services of the Christian Reformed Church in North America has a part-time (20 hrs/wk) opening for a Church and Volunteer Associate anywhere in the United States. This position will equip and engage with people in Christian Reformed Churches in the U.S. and Canada to help Race Relations, Office of Social Justice, and Disability Concerns fulfill their mission to bring about in the life of the church the full participation of all people—including people with disabilities and of different races and cultures.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by February 28, 2020.
1. Recruit new church disability advocates for churches that have none
2. Recruit new church mercy justice/race relations representatives for churches that have none
3. Network with church leadership and ministry representatives e.g. disability concerns volunteers, mercy justice/race representatives
4. Keep detailed records in CRC database (currently Connections – Salesforce)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Able to support the mission, vision, and values of the CRCNA
2. Love for all people as image-bearers of God, including people with disabilities, different races and cultures
3. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Korean a plus
4. Excellent phone presence and verbal communication skills
6. Proven problem-solving/strategic-thinking skills.
7. Familiar with email, social media tools, and database software; knowledge of G Suite and Salesforce a plus
8. Possess a commitment to Christ, and desire to serve the Lord in the community of the Christian Reformed Church
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred
2. Experience with disability-related issues, and/or lived experience in racial justice issues required
3. At least one year customer service, or customer relations experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work could be done from home from anywhere in North America with Internet and unlimited phone long distance in North America. If working from one of the CRC offices, the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.