The Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a part-time (16 hrs/wk) opening for an Administrative Specialist in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This position will provide administrative support for the ministry of Vibrant Congregations and to the ministry of the Healthy Church Discernment Process, will have interaction with the Calvin University Social Research Center, and will engage with churches from both the RCA and the CRCNA
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by July 13, 2020.
1. Answer and screen phone calls, provide information as needed.
2. Respond to general requests for information and materials and ensure proper handling of all general correspondence.
3. Schedule appointments and handle the logistics for meetings, routine conferences, and travel.
4. Coordinate and organize all aspects of conference(s) (e.g., research and choose venues, arrange travel and transportation of attendees, collect and organize event material and other necessary logistics).
5. Prepare, including drafting and editing, correspondence and reports, and presentations.
6. Organize and maintain all correspondence, files and records.
7. Record and distribute minutes from assigned meetings.
8. Prepare and process invoices, check requests and expense reports as applicable.
9. Routine copying, printing and gathering of information, as needed.
10. Work with appropriate departments to ensure that information is correct and up to date on applicable web-sites.
11. Input pertinent information into the applicable database system, as requested.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA.
2. Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in commonly used computer applications
3. Basic knowledge of standard procedures, practices and equipment in a professional office setting.
4. Proven ability to plan and organize tasks and responsibilities including multitasking, setting priorities and deadlines, etc.
5. Basic verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and external contact
1. Some college coursework
2. Knowledge/skills related to standard office routines and equipment. Prior office administrative experience preferred.
Must be fluent in English; possess well-developed communication skills both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
● Traditional climate controlled office environment