World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America has a full-time opening for a Human Resources Director - US. This position is responsible for World Renew’s human resources strategy and programs to advance World Renew’s mission, value and strategic objectives. The Human Resources Director also acts as the global expert in human resources planning, policy development and compliance for all employees at World Renew as well as being responsible for the day-to-day human resources operations of US and International employees. This position is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The successful candidate will have a passion and commitment to anti-racism, reconciliation/diversity and inclusion.
To apply complete an on-line application, submit a current resume and a cover letter outlining your skills & experience and how your faith speaks in and through your HR work by August 21, 2020.
1. Organizational wide Human Resources Functions:
● Develops the Human Resources Strategy/People Plan in response to the organizational strategy
● Performs as a global expert in human resources planning, policy development and compliance for all employees and works closely with field offices to ensure best practices in human resources management, including international/local tax, social security, and compensation requirements are being monitored.
● Works collaboratively with the Staff Developer to ensure best practices in the field of Talent Development.
● Develops and maintains a comprehensive rewards strategy to address both local and international compensation practices that are competitive and aligned to the strategy.
● Leads the development and delivery of a recruitment strategy to effectively attract, develop and retain resilient and engaged employees, based on core competencies. The strategy must include diversifying candidate pools, develop an anti-bias training for all interviewers that includes an upstander component.
● Provides organizational oversight of occupational health and safety including international safety and security protocols
● Provides leadership and oversight to the organizational functions of payroll, benefits, HRIS and employee tax related matters.
● Ensures development and implementation of strategy for diversity, inclusion and equity.
● Represents World Renew in both internal and external relationships such as CRCNA Human Resources, Humentum and external vendor management contacts (taxation, legal, benefits, compensation)
● Provides coaching leadership to the Human Resources Manager (Canada) and works with the HR Manager to foster a healthy work environment of employee engagement, learning and wellness.
2. US Human Resources Functions:
● Responsible for the day to day operations related to recruitment, onboarding and orientation on human resources aspects
● Responsible for employee relations, compensation, occupational health and safety, pay equity, anti-discrimination methodology, and terminations for all US and International classified employees
● Ensures all human resources functions are in compliance with relevant US and global country legislation
● Responsible for managing ($500,000 (est.)) human resources budget
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
Manager, Human Resources
1. Trained and experienced in the realm of diversity, inclusion, and equity
2. Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and work in a collaborative international team environment
3. Excellent knowledge of best practice and human resources legislation
4. Demonstrated experience in leading people, culture and spiritual care strategies
5. Demonstrated leadership, planning and organizational skills and experience developing and implementing human resources strategies and people plans.
6. Demonstrated creativity and innovation to develop new ways to improve human resources processes and create new opportunities.
7. Demonstrated commitment to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of human resources programs
8. Demonstrated interpersonal skills which include tact, diplomacy, and discretion
9. Demonstrated experience in facilitating conflict resolution, negotiations, consensus/team building activities.
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
11. Proficient in Microsoft Office software including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point
1. Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, Masters degree is preferred
2. SHRM designation required
3. Minimum 10 years’ experience in Human Resources including experience in global Human Resources practices.
4. Minimum 5 years leadership experience in a not for profit, global or multinational organization
5. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement. Commitment to and ability to articulate a Christian worldview, particularly as it relates to World Renew’s vision, mission, values and programs
Fluency in English, both written and verbal, is required for this position; a working knowledge of Spanish and/or French is an asset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Extended time spent in front of a computer screen using electronic mail, reviewing data, and reports, and meeting teams virtually.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There will be cross border travel for meetings and occasional international travel to destinations with rough terrain, unreliable access to water and electricity, and increased exposure to illness.