Resonate Global Mission of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full-time opening for a Leadership Developer in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The Leadership Developer will come alongside church and Christian leaders in Cambodia to encourage and equip them to live out their missional calling through interactive training, coaching and mentoring and networking. This position will also develop a culture of leadership multiplication alongside of Cambodian leaders.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by September 4, 2020.
Leadership Support and Development
1. Identify and develop long-term reciprocal relationships with Cambodian Christian leaders, churches and organizations which share a vision for missional living and gospel witness among the poor and marginalized.
2. Lead and/or facilitate training and formational processes that equip and empower Cambodian Christians to serve, lead and bear gospel witness in their contexts.
3. Encourage and facilitate peer networks for mutual learning among a diverse group of leaders who share a common vision for holistic witness among the poor and marginalized.
Service to North America
1. Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care and financial support) for Resonate Global Mission’s ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals in North America.
2. Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner.
3. Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions.
4. Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise.
5. Communicate the nature and value of Resonate Global Mission’s ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Commitment to the constitution, bylaws and policies of Resonate Global Mission.
3. Demonstrated commitment to gospel witness and integral mission.
4. Demonstrated affinity and passions for ministering among the poor.
5. Commitment to develop at least moderate fluency in Khmer.
6. Demonstrated effective cross-cultural awareness and capabilities.
7. Demonstrated ability to listen well and empower others for gospel witness and ministry.
8. Proven capacity to be creative and innovative in complex situations without a predetermined map.
9. Capacity for networking and developing peer-to-peer forums and relationships.
10. Demonstrated ability to work with others from different cultures and religious traditions.
11. Self-motivated and proven quality administrative and organizational skills.
12. Ability to travel to and from North America periodically.
The successful candidate for this position will pass through two intermediate steps before taking up the tasks outlined in this position description; the rate range for each step is included.
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together. The pay range for this step is on the CRCNA Domestic scale.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills, ministry skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 6 to 18 months, depending on prior background and experience. The pay range for this step is US or Canada on the CRCNA International scale.
1. BA in theology-related field. M.A. preferred.
2. At least three years of practical ministry experience including 3 years of cross-cultural mission experience.
1. Timothy Leadership Training master trainer (or willingness to become one).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The candidate has capacity to function well in Urban environment with challenging traffic and few natural spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee