Resonate Global Mission of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full-time opening for a Mission Network Developer in Mexico City, Mexico. The Mission Network Developer will Catalyze and nurture a grassroots network of Christians, leaders, churches and ministries that work together to cultivate gospel-shaped transformation in their communities in Mexico City.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by November 13, 2020.
1. Holistic mission network development:
a. Encourage, pray with and connect grassroots leaders for the transformation of their communities.
b. Identify and participate in existing missional networks focused on Gospel-shaped transformation of communities in Mexico City.
c. Facilitate contextualized leadership development tools and processes that form Gospel-shaped change agents in all areas of society, with particular focus on young and lay leaders.
d. Catalyze processes that strengthen and multiply Gospel-shaped institutions on the community level, both more and better churches and other specialized Kingdom associations.
e. Transcend barriers by networking grassroots leaders from different denominations and societal sectors for the transformation of their communities.
f. Nurture mentoring relationships with and among grassroots leaders.
g. Identify ways that the CRCNA can learn from the growing networks of grassroots leaders in Mexico City and develop channels for reciprocal learning and collaboration.
h. Contribute actively to the Holistic Mission Network community of practice.
2. Mobilize resources of the CRCNA in support of the ministry
3. Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care and financial support) for Resonate ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals.
4. Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner.
5. Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions.
6. Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise.
7. Communicate the nature and value of Resonate’s ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements.
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Passion for the mission of the Church.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with others from different cultures and religious traditions.
4. Demonstrated intercultural experience and competence.
5. Self-motivated and proven quality administrative and organizational skills.
6. Ability to influence others for positive change, overcome the resistance of others, and bring people together for mutual goals
7. Fluency in English and Spanish
The successful candidate for this position will pass through two intermediate steps before taking up the tasks outlined in this position description; the rate range for each step is included.
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together. The pay range for this step is on the CRCNA Domestic scale.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills, ministry skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 6 to 18 months, depending on prior background and experience. The pay range for this step is US or Canada on the CRCNA International scale.
1. Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree or equivalent is required.
2. At least 3 years of experience in pastoral ministry or mission.
3. Training and experience in cross-cultural ministry, preferably in a Latin American context or in global missions.
Fluency in English and Spanish
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sedentary and interpersonal work that primarily involves sitting/standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Altitude of 7328 feet
• Moderate climate
• Environment of traffic, noise and smog